Sunday, June 29, 2014

Here's what's "Kook"ing at Hankook Taqueria!


I love tacos. I love Asian food. Put them together...say, Korean tacos... PERFECTION! I had heard all about the delicious tacos Hankook Taqueria has been serving up, so when I finally found myself nearby this taco shack a few weeks ago, I knew that I HAD to sample their goods. It's an unsuspecting building:

http://www.hankooktaqueria.com/index.html
However, once you step INSIDE, you will quickly realize that the food has to be good...there will be a lunch line that goes out the door, you will see the cooks hard at work crafting little tortilla-wrapped bundles of goodness, and you will face a serious struggle when looking for somewhere to sit. However, all will be OK once you order at the cashier and find a seat, because in under five minutes- take my word for it- your teeth will be sinking into some mighty fine tacos. When I ate at Hankook, I had a fish taco (“saeng seon” panko crusted tilapia with hoisin tartar sauce) and a special Tong Dak chicken taco (crispy chicken topped with chipotle aioli, sesame soy salad), along with their famous Ko-kuma tempura fried sweet potatoes. Biting into the chicken taco, your teeth will first sink into the soft, chewy tortilla, then will encounter the crunch of the chicken's breading and lettuce topping, and your taste buds will register the savory juiciness of the chicken, the spiciness of the aioli, cooled down by the creaminess of the aioli. Whoooo, a party in my mouth! Don't even get me started on the tempura-fried sweet potatoes...the sweet, tender, warm potato slices blanketed by the light, crisp tempura batter. My, my! OK so just go try out Hankook's food for yourself. If you don't live in Atlanta, next time you're in the area, visit this wicked joint! For all, here's their website: http://www.hankooktaqueria.com
It's taco time yall!
Gevin

No comments:

Post a Comment