Monday, June 25, 2012

Are You Ready for Taco Night?!

Hola everyone,
So good news: I filmed the second episode of SWAGourmet last night! Based on the Spanish salutation I used above, I bet you figured that episode 2 features Chinese food! Haha jk, it's all about Mexican food, of course! When I want Mexican food, I crave Carne Asada Tacos, and those are exactly what I'm cooking in SWAGourmet's newest episode. I love the tacos so much because they can be so simple, and to me, it all starts with the meat. I use skirt steak for my tacos, but flank and hanger steak are also pretty common. Those pieces of steak are perfect because they grill and slice so well, and they are such meaty cuts, with just the right amount of fat. With a great marinade, the meat can develop an even greater flavor and char, and so in terms of other taco toppings, we want to keep it simple to showcase the steak. So in the episode, I top my tacos with some yummy pico de gallo, which is a really traditional and simple salsa, and some pretty green cilantro sour cream. One bite has such awesome flavors and textures: a soft tortilla, the great meaty flavor, a fresh salsa, creamy zesty cilantro cream...Mmm I can't even put it into words! Not only will you learn how to cook these delicious tacos, but in the episode, I also share tips about grilling and slicing steaks- you won't want to miss out! It's really all about letting the meat be the star, but also with our toppings, we're taking traditional taco toppings and elevating them using quick techniques and traditional Mexican ingredients. Haha so this is definitely a fun episode, and it's full of culinary tips. Plus, I'm getting a lot more used to cooking on camera, so I'm ready to keep rolling! You'll definitely have to watch Episode 2 of SWAGourmet...as soon as I get it posted on YouTube- keep checking my channel; I'd say give me until the weekend or so. But until then, keep exploring Season with SWAG! and my YouTube channel, and get excited for taco night! Anyway, after I post the video, I'll post the taco recipe to this very blog!
Keep on swagging,
Gevin

No comments:

Post a Comment